|pacha manga /raw mango||1|
|turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|coconut (scraped)||1 cup|
|cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|red chilly powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|dry red chilly||2|
|shallots (chopped)||3 -4|
1. Clean the mango, peel the skin and cut into medium sized pieces.
2. In a bowl, add the mango pieces, green chilly, turmeric powder, salt and enough water and allow it to boil. Once it boils, reduce the flame and let the mango pieces get cooked.
3. Meanwhile, grind the ingredients given under “to grind” . Grind it by adding water to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
4. Once the mango pieces are cooked, add the ground paste (keep the gas in sim) with enough water. Let it cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, then add red chilly followed by curry leaves and chopped shallots. Sauté till the shallots become light brown in colour. Pour this over the mango curry and serve it with hot steaming rice and any side dish of your choice.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving