manga chammandi recipe | raw mango chutney – a tasty and easy to make Kerala style raw mango chutney.
Today, I am sharing a very easy to make recipe which can be served with rice or with rice gruel. It is made with raw mango and coconut. Yes, every malayalees might have guessed it by now – manga chammandi.
Chutney / Chammandi is a spicy side or a condiment which can be served with idly , dosa or even with rice. manga chammandi is a tasty traditional side dish for rice gruel. It tastes excellent with rice and pappadam also. Mango chammandi tastes best when it is made using ammikkallu, but in modern times, it is made in a mixer grinder. One thing to be noted here is not to add water while grinding.
manga chammandi | raw mango chutney
preparation time: 10 minutes
recipe type: chutney
serves: 2 – 3
equipment required: mixer grinder
- raw mango or pacha manga – 1 small
- coconut – 1 cup, grated
- shallots – 3 – 4
- ginger – 1/2-inch piece
- curry leaves – 2 – 3
- green chilies – 2 – 3
- salt – to taste
how to make manga chammandi – raw mango chutney
1. Peel the skin from mango, cut into pieces and keep it aside. (You can also prepare this with the skin on)
2. In a mixer jar, grind together, grated coconut, shallots, ginger, curry leaves and salt.
3. Once it is half ground, add cut mango pieces, grind it once more coarsely. (don’t add water while grinding)
4. If you are grinding using ammikkallu, grind coconut and mango first, followed by shallots, green chillies and salt. At last, grind everything once more and mix together.