cold brew frappe with french press – A french press also called as a press pot or a coffee press is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to make a great coffee. As the name says, a french press uses pressure to force coffee to the bottom of an elegant cylindrical pot after brewing, thus making deep, flavorful coffee in its purest form.
A french press is just like a coffee filter, separating the concentrated coffee from the remains. It has a cylinder fitted with a plunger that when pressed down on a mixture of ground coffee and water, separates the coffee from the grounds.
Recently I got a chance to create a recipe for CoffeeZone’s french press. I am a coffee lover myself and was very happy to create the recipe of cold brew Frappuccino with french press.
CoffeeZone is a start up company dealing with kitchen products, with a vision to create simple, easy to use products and is mainly for people who are focusing on having a healthy lifestyle. And the french press is one of their product which is easy to use, easy to clean and maintain and makes flavorful coffee. The coffee zone’s french press has a neat and modern design that will add beauty to any kitchen counter.
CoffeeZone’s French press comes with a clip-on spoon which makes it easy to measure and stay consistent with the recipe. Also, it comes with a clip on, so it keeps the bag of tea, or coffee sealed and fresh for a long time.
The inner carafe is made of borosilicate glass which is heat resistant and most importantly, it does not change the taste of the drink over time or when making different kinds of beverages. Also, because it is glass, it is healthier than stainless steel as it does not interact with the content.
One of the main features of the French press is that it brews coffee and tea, with a direct heat, which enhances the flavor and keeps all the nutrition within the drink. So for people who like coffee and don’t like the Frenchcidity of it (or it hurts their stomach), this press is a perfect fit because they can do a cold brew.
I am completely satisfied with the product and this is one product which I would love to use in my kitchen.
cold brew frappuccino recipe with french press
I wanted to make frappe or frappuccino at home as I am fully obsessed with coffee and love them in all forms. I start my day with a cup of coffee whereas hubby starts his with a cup of tea.
So when I got a chance to create recipe with french press from coffeezone, I decided to make a frappe. The main attraction of this recipe is that it is very easy to make, tasty and can be made with readily available ingredients at home.
Today, I am sharing a 4-ingredient frappe recipe made with cold brew coffee, milk ice cubes, sugar and chocolate syrup. I made cold brew coffee using coffeezone’s french press.
I have added sugar while making cold brew frappe, since I used homemade chocolate syrup, but you can skip adding sugar, if your chocolate syrup is sweet.
preparation time: 10 minutes
recipe type: beverage
equipment used: french press
for cold brew coffee
- coffee beans – 1/3 cup
- water – 1 and 1/2 cups (at room temperature)
for cold brew frappe
- cold brew coffee- 1 cup
- milk ice cubes – 8
- sugar – 2 tablespoons (optional)
- chocolate syrup – 2 – 4 tablespoons
- whipped cream – 3 tablespoons, optional
how to make cold brew frappuccino recipe
cold brew coffee with a french press
1. The first step to making a cold brew coffee is to grind the coffee beans. You can grind your own coffee or use readily available ones. Make sure that they are coarse enough to be filtered by the French press, yet fine enough to infuse well. If you are using ground coffee, I used 2 spoons full of ground coffee. I used the clip-on spoon that came along with the french press to measure it.
2. Add the ground coffee into a French press and top it up with 1 and 1/2 cups of water at room temperature.
3. Gently, stir the grinds into the water until they are well incorporated.
4. Carefully place the plunger and place the french press in the refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight.
5. In the morning, carefully press the plunger down to push all the grounds to the bottom.
6. Gently pour the coffee into a serving cup.
cold brew frappuccino recipe
7. Prepare milk ice cubes in advance by pouring milk into ice cube tray, cover it with a cling film, and freeze it overnight. I used full-fat milk.
8. In the morning, add 1 cup cold brew coffee, 8 milk ice cubes, sugar, and chocolate sauce into a blender jar, and blend until smooth.
9. Pour into serving glasses, top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Serve immediately.