Diwali is nearing and I know all of you are busy preparing sweets and snacks. Yesterday, I shared with you all the recipe of easy rava ladoo using condensed milk. Today, yet again I am back with another easy sweet recipe which makes use of all-purpose flour or maida, sugar, and ghee as the main ingredients.
maida burfi recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
- maida or all-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- sugar – 3/4 cup to 1 cup (depending on your preference)
- food color – a pinch
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- water – 1/2 cup
how to make maida burfi recipe with step by step photos
1. To make maida burfi, let us first grease a plate and keep it aside.
2. In a pan, heat ghee add cashews 1 – 2 (for garnishing) and roast till it changes color. Transfer it to a plate, keep it aside.
3. In the same pan, add maida, and roast nicely in a low flame. Before adding maida, check whether the oil is hot enough. Add a pinch of maida to ghee, you will find it getting fried immediately. Keep stirring for some time in low flame. Turn off the flame and keep it aside. Roast it nicely on low flame till it becomes very smooth.
4. In another pan, add sugar, and water. Heat sugar, and boil on a medium flame until you get one string consistency. Add cardamom powder and food color. Turn off the stove.
5. Keep both the pans on a counter top. Slowly, add the maida mix to the sugar syrup, keep stirring continuously, until it becomes thick and starts moving together as a lump. This step should be done very fast.
6. Transfer to a greased plate, and level it with the help of a grease spoon.
7. Once it is still warm, but slightly cooled down, cut into any desired shape with a knife. Allow it to cool completely, invert it onto another plate and tap it lightly. The burfi will come out.
8. maida burfi is ready.
maida burfi recipe below
- maida or all-purpose flour - ½ cup
- ghee - ¼ cup
- sugar - ¾ cup to 1 cup (depending on your preference)
- food color - a pinch
- cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- water - ½ cup
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cashew nuts and fry them.
- Transfer them to a plate.
- In the same pan, add maida and saute on a low flame till it becomes smooth.
- Add sugar and water in another pan. Boil it till it reaches one string consistency.
- Add the maida to the sugar mixture and keep stirring continuously until it starts moving together as a mass.
- Pour it into a greased plate.
- Allow it to cool.
- Cut maida burfi into desired pieces and serve.