maa ladoo recipe or pottukadalai ladoo – maladu, as it is often called, is a traditional Indian sweet recipe made with roasted gram. It is a very popular South Indian ladoo recipe.
maa ladoo can be prepared as a sweet for Diwali or if you want to prepare some easy and special sweet for Navratri, then maa ladoo is the best choice. They are quick and easy to prepare with very few ingredients.
My kids love ladoos and I make them very often at home. And this is one such sweet which can be made easily for functions especially functions like diwali, where we are looking for something easy and tasty.
The method of making maa ladoo is very easy. Powder the roasted gram and sugar. Heat ghee, roast cashew nuts. Add the hot ghee to the roasted gram mix, mix well. Done. Make ladoos.
maa ladoo recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 5 minutes
recipe type: dessert, ladoo recipe
cuisine: south indian
makes: 10 ladoo
- roasted gram dal or pottukadalai – 1 cup
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- milk – 2 tablespoons
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – 2 tablespoons, chopped
how to make maa ladoo recipe with step by step photos
1.Add the roasted gram to a blender jar, grind it to a fine powder. Sift it well to remove the bigger pieces, keep aside.
2. Add sugar to a mixer jar and grind it to a fine powder.
3. Take the roasted gram powder and powdered sugar in a bowl. Mix well. Keep aside.
4. Heat ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot enough, add broken cashew nuts and fry till they start changing color. Turn off the flame.
5. Now carefully pour the hot ghee over the roasted gram powder mix. Mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of milk. (If you are not using milk, you can use extra 2 tablespoons of ghee.) Mix all the ingredients well with a spoon.
6. While the mixture is still warm, take small portions of the mixture and start shaping ladoos.
7. maa ladoo is ready.
maa ladoo or roasted gram ladoo recipe below
- roasted gram dal or pottukadalai - 1 cup
- sugar - ¾ cup
- ghee - ¼ cup
- milk - 2 tablespoons
- cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- cashew nuts - 2 tablespoons, chopped
- Add roasted gram to a mixer jar, grind to a smooth powder.
- Powder sugar.
- Add roasted gram powder and sugar into a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cashew nuts and fry till golden.
- Pour the hot ghee over the roasted gram powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Mix well.
- While the mixture is still warm, shape into ladoos.