Today, I am sharing an easy Kerala lunch menu. Usually I make varutharacha sambar, mezhukkupuratti, rasam, pappadam. But daily making sambar was a bit boring. I had a bunch of spinach with me. So thought of making this lunch menu with rice, cheera kootan, potato mezhukkupuratti, bittergourd mezhukkupuratti, papad, pickle and rasam. This is very easy to prepare and can be prepared on a busy day. I was planning to share the recipe for chemmeen vada, but then when I went through the draft, I saw this lunch menu and decided to post this. Usually, I make one mezhukkupuratti, but here, cheera curry is a very mild curry without much sourness like sambar, so I thought of making potato mezhukkupuratti. Now to the menu list.. Hope you like it.
Cheera parippu curry / spinach dal curry
urulakizhangu mezhukkupuratti / potato stir fry
pavakka mezhukkupuratti / bittergourd stir fry
This is how I proceeded:
1. First wash toor dal and let it cook for 3 whistles. Also keep rice for cooking.
2. Meanwhile, clean the vegetables separately and chop them. Keep them aside. Put potato pieces in water to avoid discolouration.
3. Chop onions together, but in different sizes. Like chop onions roughly for potato mezhukkupurati, for bittergourd stir fry, chop them finely or into slices and fine onion pieces for spinach curry.
4. Now grind the ingredients for potato mezhukkupuratti, mix everything and keep it for cooking.
5. Same way keep bitter gourd also for cooking.
6. While these get cooked, grate the coconut and grind it into fine paste for spinach curry.
7. Make the spice powder ready for making rasam. Also grind the tomatoes and keep it ready.
8. Once the pressure releases, you can do the remaining process for making spinach curry. This will take just 5 – 10 minutes for the whole process.
9. By this time, check whether the potatoes are cooked and then fry it nicely. Turn off the stove.
10. Bittergourd mezhukkupuratti will also be ready by this time. Check it and turn off the stove.
11. Check rice and transfer it into another bowl.
12. Now easily you can make rasam and fry pappadam.
13. Your entire lunch is ready.
For other lunch menu:
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving