lemon tart recipe – The crispy sweet tarts filled with refreshing lemon curd filling. A delicious dessert for any party.
lemon tart recipe
for lemon curd filling
- egg – 3
- lemon juice – 1/3 cup
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- lemon zest – 1 tablespoon
- butter – 4 tablespoons
for tart crust
- maida or all purpose flour – 400 grams
- corn flour – 30 grams
- butter – 250 grams, soft
- egg – 1
- egg yolk – 2
- icing sugar – 50 grams
how to make lemon tart recipe
1. To make lemon tart, let us start by making lemon curd
2. Whisk eggs, lemon juice and sugar together in a stainless steel saucepan.
3. Now heat this mixture in a double boiler while continuously whisking it so that the eggs don’t curdle.
4. The mixture will eventually thicken like a sauce and sugar will get dissolved. This will take about 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the flame and then add the butter and lemon zest, mix it till everything comes together.
6. Now cover the layer of the lemon curd with a cling film to avoid forming of the skin.
7. Now let it cool and chill in the fridge. It stays good for one week.
8. Now let us make the crust, whisk the butter and icing sugar.
9. Then add the maida corn flour to the butter mixture and mix.
10. Add the egg and egg yolks to the above and make a dough.
11. Knead well till everything is mixed and wrap it with a cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
12. Roll out the dough and cut small tart pieces using a cookie cutter.
13. Chill them for 30 – 35 minutes and bake them for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 170-degree centigrade.
14. Now cool them. Pour the lemon curd into a piping bag and pipe them into the tarts.
15. Now decorate with little butter icing or whipped cream or some fruits. I have put a tiny dollop of butter cream and a tiny chocolate chip on top.