layered basil tofu rice recipe – a tasty rice recipe for lunch.
Any party comes with a main course and if you are hosting a party ,Thai Recipes are easier to cook. One such ideal recipe for main course is “layered basil tofu rice”. Its spicy and tangy and it is ideal for Adults in any party. It can be cooked few hours before the party as the spices should be infused well.
layered basil tofu rice
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: main
for basil tofu curry
- tofu – 1 packet, 150 grams
- onion – 1
- garlic – 8 cloves
- thai red chili – 6
- thai basil – a small bunch
- salt – to taste
- light soy sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- dark soy sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- shitake mushroom sauce – 1 teaspoon
- sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- sesame oil – 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
- thai fragrant rice – 3/4 cup
- water – 1 and 1/2 cups
how to make layered basil tofu rice
1. Start to cook the rice in an electric cooker for making layered tofu basil rice. Electric cooker is the best for the measurements given above. This will be happening in parallel to the curry preparation
2. Chop the tofu into small cubes after squeezing the water from it.
3. Chop onion into big chunks.
4. Take a mortar pestle and ground red chili and garlic together.
5. Take a pan, add oil and let it become hot.
6. Add the ground red chili and garlic and fry them well.
7. Add Onion and fry for a minute.
8. Add tofu and continue to fry until they turn golden brown.
9. Add, light & dark soya sauce ,shitake mushroom sauce to this mix.
10. Add very little salt as soya sauce has already salt in it.
11. Mix them all well and fry for 2 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
12. Add basil leaves and mix them well. Cook for a minute.
For layering the rice
13. Take a serving bowl and layer the bottom portion with rice followed by the basil tofu curry. Repeat layering for 2 or 3 times.
14. Pack them in a hotpack and allow the spices to get infused.