lauki ki barfi recipe – tasty and easy to make barfi recipe with lauki. lauki barfi is a tasty lauki recipe which can be easily made at home.
lauki ki barfi is a very easy to make sweet recipe and a very tasty one too. There are various ways of preparing this burfi recipe. Traditional method of making lauki barfi includes boiling lauki in milk until it becomes thick. But it is a very time-consuming process. In this method khoya or mawa is added while making burfi which reduces the cooking time.
Lauki also called as bottle gourd, is a vegetable which is often used for preparing curry. It is also called as ghiya, or doodhi or loki. lauki ki sabzi, lauki kofte are very famous curry recipes prepared with lauki.
Let us see how to make lauki ki barfi recipe with simple steps.
lauki ki barfi recipe
preparation time: 10 – 15 minutes
cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes
recipe type: dessert
serves: 3 – 4
- lauki or bottle gourd – 2 cups, grated
- milk – 1 and 1/2 cups
- khoya – 1 cup
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- cardamom powder or elaichi powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- kesar or saffron – few strands
how to make lauki ki barfi recipe
1.Peel the skin of the lauki, and remove the seeds. Grate lauki for making lauki ki barfi and keep it aside in a bowl.
2. Add a few strands of saffron or kesar to 2 tablespoons of warm milk and keep aside.
3. In a heavy bottomed pan, add grated lauki and milk, mix together. Keep cooking in medium flame until the milk reduces to half the original quantity. Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add in the sugar, saffron infused milk and mix well. Cook until the sugar gets dissolved completely.
5. Once the sugar is dissolved completely, add in the khoya, cardamom powder, and mix well.
6. Cook this mixture in medium flame till it comes together and forms a non-sticky dough. You will find that the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan. This process will take about 20 – 25 minutes.
7. Pour this mixture into a greased tray and allow it to cool. This might take about 5 – 6 hours to set.
8. Cut into desired shapes.
9. lauki ki barfi is ready to serve.