Other similar recipes:
1. panchmel dal / mixed lentil dal curry
2. goan drumstick dal
3. radish chana dal recipe
4. dal tadka
toor dal / pigeon peas / thuvara parippu – 1 cup
onion – 1 (small – finely chopped)
green chili – 1 (chopped)
ginger – 1/2 teaspoon (chopped)
turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon (or 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder)
salt – to taste
coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons (chopped)
ghee – 2 tablespoons
mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
dry red chili – 1 – 2
asafoetida powder / hing / kayam – 1/4 teaspoon
cumin seeds / jeerakam – 1/2 teaspoon
garlic – 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
How to Make Lasooni Dal Tadka / Lasuni Dal / Dal lasooni
1. Wash toor dal twice or thrice in water. Transfer the dal to a pressure cooker, add onion, green chilies, turmeric powder and salt to the pressure cooker.
2. Add 4 cups of water. Cover and pressure cook for 5 – 6 whistles or until it gets cooked till smooth.
3. Once the pressure releases, mash the dal with a spoon or whisk. You will find that the dal became thick. Add 1 – 2 cups of hot water and bring it to a medium consistency. Keep it aside.
4. In a pan, heat ghee/ oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Then add cumin and let it sizzle.
5. Next add garlic, saute till it becomes golden brown. The garlic should get roasted well until golden brown to get a nice burnt taste to the dal. Turn off the flame, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, and hing.
6. Pour the tempering over the dal. Stir well and then garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Finally add lemon juice.
7. Serve with hot steaming rice or with roti or chapati.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving