|rice flour / puttu podi||1 cup|
|coconut (scraped)||3/4 cup|
|mustard seeds / kadugu||1 teaspoon|
|urud dal / uzhunnuparippu||1 tablespoon|
|curry leaves / kariveppilla||few|
|dry red chilly / kappalmulagu||2 – 3|
|green chilly / pachamulagu||2|
|hing / kayam||a pinch|
|onion (shallots chopped)||10 – 15|
1. To rice flour mix coconut. Bring water to boil add salt. Now slowly add water little by little to the rice coconut mixture, until it forms a dough. Keep stirring with a spatula.
2. Let it cool for some time and them knead it once more with your hands. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil at this stage, and gently knead it once more.
3. Make medium sized balls, from the dough. Steam cook it for around 20 minutes in a steam or cooker, until the balls get cooked well. Turn off the stove, keep it aside.
4. When cool, cut each kozhukatta into pieces. Keep it aside.
5. In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add dry red chilly, urud dal. Wait till urud dal starts changing colour.
6. Then add ginger, curry leaves, green chilly,hing and chopped shallots. Saute it nicely. Add little salt at this stage. (Don’t add too much). Saute till onions turn brown.
7. Now add chopped kozhukkatta pieces and saute nicely. Turn off the stove once done.
8. Serve it with chutney. I served with onion chutney.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving