kothimbir vadi recipe | kothimeera vadalu – is a tasty Indian tea time snack made with very easily available ingredients.
To make kothimbir vadi, all you need is coriander leaves or cilantro, besan or gram flour and few indian spices. The recipe of kothimeera vadalu is very simple and very delicious.
kothimbir is the Marathi name for coriander leaves and vadi means cubes of slices.
You have to take care of a few points while making kothimbir vadi. If you are using tender coriander leaves, then you can use the soft part of the stem also. Otherwise, use the leaves alone. Another important thing to be noticed is that wash and drain the water completely before cutting the coriander leaves. If the leaves contain more water, then there are chances that when you add gram flour, the batter will become soggy. So take care not to add water in the beginning while mixing all the ingredients. First mix the ingredients. Some amount of water will emanate from the leaves. If that water is not enough, then add little water and mix the ingredients to form soft and firm dough.
Let us see how to make kothimbir vadi recipe with step by step photos.
Serve kothimbir vadi with green chutney, or coconut chutney.
kothimbir vadi recipe
- coriander leaves – 2 cups, finely chopped
- besan or chickpea flour – 2 cups
- sesame seeds – 2 tablespoons
- garlic – 1 teaspoon, minced
- red chili powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- water – as required
- turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- oil – for frying
how to make kothimbir vadi recipe with step by step photos
1. In a bowl mix all the ingredients other than oil in to a thick batter.
3. Once the dough is cooked well, take it out and allow it to cool. Then cut it into equal sized pieces.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Place 3 to 4 vadi’s in the pan and fry them. Turn them up and down and fry them. Repeat the same steps for the rest of the vadi. Serve them with chutney.