|Horse gram||1/2 cup|
|Urud dal||1/2 cup|
|Idli rava||1 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds / uluva||1 teaspoon|
1. Wash and soak urud dal (with fenugreek seeds) and horse gram separately for 4 -5 hours.2. First grind the urud dal and fenugreek seeds together with little water to form a smooth consistency. Keep it separately in a vessel.
3. Now grind the horse gram with enough water to form a smooth consistency.
4. Add this to the urud dal batter, add idly rava and salt and mix together.
5. If you feel that the water content is less, then add little water to bring it to pouring consistency.
6. Keep it covered for 8 hours for fermenting.
7. To make idly’s grease idly tray with oil, gently with a spoon pour enough batter into the greased tray and steam cook it till done.
8. Serve it hot.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep ,me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving