dosa batter – 2 cups
onion – 1
hing – 1/4 tsp
mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
urud dal – 1 tsp
green chillies – 2
ginger – 1 piece
coconut(grated) – 2 tbsp (optional)
1. chop onion, garlic and green chillies
2. grate the coconut
2. Saute till the onion turns pinkish then add the coriander leaves and little salt. Allow it to cool
3. Add this to your idly/dosa batter. Add grated coconut also. Mix it nicely. Our paniyaram batter is ready.
4. Keep the paniyaram batter on stove and add two to three drops of oil to it.
5. Add 1 tbsp of batter to each hole. Add 1 tsp of oil to the holes (this is not required if you are making use of non stick appa kallu)
6. Keep the heat in medium and let it cook. Once the sides turn golden brown, turn it upside down by using a spoon or a knife or stainless steel rod.
7. Let it get cooked on this side too
8. Remove it from pan and serve it hot with tomato chutney or sambar.
For more breakfast recipes
If you find this recipe useful, share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. This will take a single click. This will keep me motivated.