khoya modak recipe | mawa modak with step by step photos – tasty modak recipe for Ganesh chaturthi with mawa or khoya.
khoya modak is a tasty and easy to make Ganesh chaturti special modak recipe. Ganesh chaturthi is nearing and I am planning to post more vinayaka chaturthi recipes and here is the first one.
khoya modak or mawa modak an be easily made with very few ingredients. Initially, I had planned to make outer covering with rice flour and then make the inner filling with khoya. But when I tried to shape the mawa, it came out perfectly.
We prepare varieties of dishes for Ganesh chaturthi , and among them, modak is a must as modak is Lord Ganesha’s favorite sweet dish.
Mawa modak or khoya modak can be stored in the refrigerator and used for 2 days. Try making mawa modak for ganesh chaturthi. I am sure you will enjoy it. Enjoy this ganesh chaturti with flavorful khoya modak.
khoya modak recipe | mawa modak
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
- khoya or mawa – 1 cup
- sugar – 1/4 cup, powdered
- saffron or kesar – a pinch
- milk – 2 teaspoons
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- ghee or clarified butter – 1 teaspoon for greasing
how to make khoya modak recipe with step by step photos
1.Bring khoya to room temperature. Crumble it with your fingers. Add saffron to 2 teaspoons of warm milk and mix well. Crush the saffron with spoon. Keep aside.
2. Add khoya, and powdered sugar to a pan. Mix well.
3. Cook on a low flame and keep stirring continuously till the sugar dissolves completely and the khoya starts melting. Keep cooking continuously for a few minutes. Add saffron milk, mix well.
4. Keep stirring continuously till the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan. Turn off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool. Once the mixture becomes cool, knead the mixture once more.
5. Grease a modak mold with ghee. Take pinch of mixture, and fill the mold with khoya mixture. Level the bottom. If you don’t have a mold, grease your palm with ghee, and shape into balls.
6. Now open the mold carefully and arrange the modak into a plate.
7. khoya modak is ready to serve.
mawa modak recipe | khoya modak
- khoya - 1 cup
- sugar - ¼ cup powdered
- cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- saffron - a pinch
- milk - 2 teaspoon
- ghee - 1 teaspoon for greasing
- Bring khoya to room temperature, powder it using your fingers.
- Add khoya and sugar in a bowl.
- Keep the flame in low and keep stirring continuously till the sugar dissolves and khoya starts melting.
- Stir continuously till the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron milk, and mix well.
- Turn off the flame. Allow it to cool. Let it come to room temperature.
- Grease a modak mould with ghee, and fill it with this khoya mixture. Level the bottom.
- Unmould carefully, and arrange the modak in a plate.