1. Sindhi koki roti / double roasted paratha
2. Pudina paratha / mint paratha
3. aloo paratha / stuffed potato paratha
KHASTA ROTI RECIPE – CRISPY
Kastha roti recipe – Ingredients
- whole wheat flour – 1 cups
- rava / sooji / semolina – 1/2 cup
- aniseeds / fennel seeds / perumjeerakam – 1/4 teaspoon
- ajwain seeds / carom seeds / oman – 1/4 teaspoon
- water / milk – 3/4 cup (I used water)
- sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – as required
- ghee – 2 tablespoons
- butter – as required
How to make kastha roti
3. Knead the dough well for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Cover and leave it aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
6. Heat a tawa on medium heat. Place the roti on to the hot tawa. Cook on low flame till the roti becomes crisp. After 10 seconds, flip it to the other side. Press the roti lightly with a kitchen towel so that it gets cooked well.
8. Brush roti with butter or ghee.Using oven
1. Place the roti on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 200 degree celcius. Remove and brush with butter. Serve hot.