kesar mawa sandesh recipe – a tasty and easy to make diwali sweet recipe.
sandesh is a traditional bengali sweet recipe made with chenna or fresh paneer. The method of making chenna is a very important step in making sandesh. You can check the method of making chenna in how to make sandesh. You might also be interested in chocolate sandesh.
This kesar mawa sandesh is a variation to the regular sandesh varieties and is also very tasty. It makes use of instant mawa and chenna mixed together to make delicious kesar mawa sandesh.
Let us see how to make kesar mawa sandesh recipe.
kesar mawa sandesh
preparation time: 20 mins
cooking time: 10 mins
recipe type: dessert, sweet
serves: 2 – 3
Mawa Sandesh :
For making instant khoya :
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 th cup
- Milk – 1/4 th cup
- milk – 4 cups
- lemon juice – 1/4 cup
- kesar or saffron – 1/2 teaspoon
- sugar – 1/2 cup, powdered
- cardamom powder or elaichi powder – 1/2 teaspoon
how to make kesar mawa sandesh recipe
for making khoya
1. Add milk powder, ghee and milk to a bowl. Mix all the ingredients together to form a paste.
2. Heat this mixture in a microwave, for 3 minutes. Every 30 seconds, take it out and stir once. Keep it back and cook.
3. This will form the khoya. You can shape it in whichever shape you want.
4. Add milk to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. While this is happening, mix the lemon juice in some hot water (1/4th cup).
5. When the milk starts bubbling, pour the lemon juice mixture into the milk, stir once and then turn off the flame.
6. This will cut through the milk and the chenna will separate out.
7. Immediately, strain this mixture using a muslin cloth, and add ice cold water or ice cubes. This will stop the cooking process. Keep it under a weight for at least an hour or tie it in a muslin cloth and hang it for 30 minutes.
8. Mix the khoya and chenna together, mash it using the palms to make a smooth mixture.
9. Now dissolve the kesar in very little hot milk.
10. Mix the khoya chenna mixture, cardamom powder, powdered sugar and the kesar milk together in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan preferably.
11. Cook the mixture till the sugar is melted and this becomes non-sticky.
12. Cool the mix for sometimes and shape them as desired.
13. I used a greased shell mold to get this shape. kesar mawa sandesh is ready.