badam milk recipe – a tasty, healthy, energetic drink made with a combination of almonds and milk. It is also called as kesar badam milk due to the addition of saffron.
badam milk is a nutritious drink which is suitable for all age groups. It is said that nuts are very important in your daily diet. These bite-sized nuts are packed with nutritional benefits and are packed with heart-healthy fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Almonds are low in calories and have highest calcium content than any other nuts. They make a good choice for overall health. They are also rich in fiber and vitamin E.
The method of making badam milk is easy. Soak the nuts in hot water for 30 minutes and peel the skin. Grind them into a smooth paste with soaked saffron strands and sugar. If you don’t have saffron, you can skip it. Take it out, mix it with chilled milk, add the prepared powder. Done. Delicious badam milk is ready.
This almond milk tastes great when hot but I love chilled almond milk, but when I serve my 3-year-old, I give her at normal room temperature. I don’t give her the chilled almond milk.
badam milk video
badam milk recipe
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 5 minutes
recipe type: beverage
- almonds or badam – 20 – 25
- milk – 2 cups
- sugar – as required
- saffron or kesar – a few strands
- cardamom powder – a pinch
- almonds – 2
- pistachios – 3
- cashew nuts – 3
how to make badam milk recipe or kesar badam milk recipe
1. Soak kesar or saffron in 2 tablespoons of hot milk. Keep aside.
3. Soak almonds or badam in hot water for 30 minutes. Peel off the skin. Take the almond pieces and rub them with your fingers. You will find the skin coming out. Repeat the steps with the rest of the almond pieces.
4. In a blender, add almonds, saffron milk, sugar, and cardamom powder and blend it nicely until smooth.
5. Bring milk to a boil in a pan at medium flame. Stir in between so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pan. When the milk is hot enough, add the prepared almond paste, mix well. Simmer and cook for a few minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of prepared masala milk powder, mix well. Let it cook for a few more minutes. Turn off the flame. Transfer almond milk to a serving glass.
6. Garnish with saffron strands, prepared powder and slivered almonds.
7. badam milk is ready.
Badam milk recipe or kesar badam milk recipe below
- 2 cups milk
- 20 almonds or badam
- few strands of saffron or kesar
- sugar as required
- a pinch of cardamom powder
- for powder
- 3 pistachios
- 2 almonds
- 2 cashew nuts
- Soak kesar / saffron in 2 tablespoons of hot milk.
- Dry roast almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts. Add them to a mixer jar along with cardamom powder, and sugar. Make a fine powder and keep aside.
- Soak almonds or nuts in hot water for 30minutes. Peel off the skin.
- In a blender, add almonds, saffron milk, sugar, and cardamom powder and blend it nicely until smooth.
- Bring milk to a boil in medium flame. To this add the almond paste. Simmer and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the prepared powder, saffron and mix well. Cook on low flame for a few more minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Transfer the almond milk to a serving glass.
- Garnish badam milk with slivered badam, and saffron.
- Badam milk is ready.