The list of items include:
kumbalanga pulissery / ash gourd curry (I have followed the same method of vazhakka morucurry)
vendakka mezhukkupuratti / lady’s finger stir fry (refer here for mezhukkupuratti)
snakegourd thoran / padavalanga thoran (thoran)
sago pappadam / kondattam (prepared by my MIL)
Here’s how I proceeded:
1. Washed rice and kept it for cooking as soon as I entered the kitchen.
2. All the vegetables were washed beforehand. (Otherwise, wash the vegetables).
3. Scraped the required amount of coconut. Divided it into 3 portions, one for pachadi, the other for thoran and third portion for pulissery.
4. Beat the curd and kept it ready.
5. Cut all the vegetables required and kept them separately.
6. Now in vessel, added ash gourd, water and turmeric, kept in the gas for cooking.
7. Mean while, added the cucumber in another vessel with little water and salt and left it for cooking.
8. By the time these started boiling, temper for thoran, add snakegourd, required water, cover and let it cook.
9. By this time, the pachadi and pulissery would have started boiling, reduce the flame, cover with a lid and let it cook.
10. do the steps for mezhukkupuratti in the same way. (since I made mezhukkupuratti with lady’s finger, I didn’t add water. Just covered and cooked by stirring in between)
11. Then separately grind the coconut for thoran, pachadi, and pulissery. Keep it aside.
12. Check the veggies if it is cooked. If cooked, add the coconut mixture and take it out.
13. Make the tempering ready. Once tempered with mustard, dry red chilli and curry leaves, takes half outside for pachadi. To the rest, I added fenugreek seeds and added it to pachadi.
14. By this time rice was ready.
15. Finally, just before lunch, I fried the pappadams. And I have readymade nirapara mango pickle with me. So served lunch along with that.
Other lunch menus:
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy, if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving