Kashmiri shufta recipe – This is a traditional sweet from Kashmir. A dessert with dry fruits, paneer, some powdered spices and deliciousness of ghee.
kashmiri shufta recipe
- walnuts – 1/4 cup
- pistachios – 1/4 cup
- raisins – 1/4 cup
- cashew nuts – 1/4 cup
- dates – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- paneer – 1/4 cup, cubed
- dry coconut pieces – 1/4 cup
- sugar – 1 cup
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- dried rose petals – few
how to make Kashmiri shufta recipe
1. Soak nuts, dates and raisins in water for half an hour.
2. Heat ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot enough, fry the dried coconut pieces till it becomes golden brown. Keep aside.
3. In the same ghee, fry paneer pieces till they become slightly brown.
4. Drain the excess water from the dates and nuts. Add them to the pan.
5. Now add the sugar and powdered masalas. Mix well, add saffron and rose petals.
6. Now add the fried coconut pieces. Cook till the sugar is melted. kashmiri shufta is ready. Serve hot.