KASHMIRI CHAMAN – HOW TO MAKE KASHMIRI PANEER CHAMAN
Kashmiri chaman recipe – Ingredients
- Paneer – 250 grams
- chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin powder / jeeraka podi – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- asafoetida powder / hing – a pinch
- coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (finely chopped)
- oil / ghee – 2 tablespoon
How To Make Kashmiri Paneer
1. Cut paneer into 1-inch cubes and keep it aside.
2. In a pan / skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee / oil. When ghee is hot enough, add paneer pieces and fry for about 5 minutes or until it becomes golden brown all over. Transfer it to a kitchen towel.
3. In a bowl, mix together, paneer pieces, chili powder, ginger paste, hing / asafoetida powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining ghee / oil in another pan. Add the coated paneer pieces, and add a little water.
5. Simmer and cook on low heat for a few minutes. When the paneer is cooked well, garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Don’t cook paneer for a long time, it will turn rubbery.
6. Serve it hot with jeera rice, chapati, roti along with dal curry.
1. Make sure that the oil is hot enough before adding paneer, otherwise, the paneer pieces will stick the bottom of the frying pan.
2. Don’t cook the paneer for a long time, otherwise, it will get rubbery and hard.