|Papaya (raw)||2 (small)|
|Toor dal||100 gram|
|Chilly powder||3/4 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida powder||one generous pinch|
|Tamarind||Gooseberry sized ball|
|Curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|Coconut oil||2 tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Dry red chilly||2|
1. Remove the skin and seeds of papaya and cut it into small pieces. Keep it aside.
2. In a pressure cooker, add toor dal, chilly powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder. Cook for 3 whistles until dal turns mushy.
3. Once the dal is cooked, add the cut papaya pieces, and cook for one more whistle.
4. Then add the tomato pieces, curry leaves and the tamarind pulp. Allow it to boil till the raw smell goes off. Turn off the stove
5. In another pan heat coconut oil. Add chopped garlic and sauté well. Then add the mustard seeds and dry red chilly. Sauté it for few seconds. Turn off the stove. Add this to the curry and stir it nicely.
6. Serve it with rice.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving