|Pearl millet / kambu||1 cup|
|Brown rice||1 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds / uluva||1 teaspoon|
1. Wash pearl millet, brown rice and soya bean and fenugreek seeds. Keep pearl millet and brown rice in two separate bowls. Keep soyabean and fenugreek seeds in the same bowl.
2. Add enough water to each bowl and soak it for 4 – 5 hours.
3. After 4 – 5 hours, remove the water and first grind the soyabeans into a smooth paste. Add water whenever necessary while grinding. Keep it in a bowl.
4. Then grind the pearl millets followed by brown rice.
5. Mix everything well.
6. Add enough salt, cover the bowl and leave it overnight for fermentation. (Soya gets fermented easily, so keep the batter outside depending on the temparature of your place).
7. Heat a tawa, grease it with oil. When the tawa is hot enough, pour one ladle full of batter on to the tawa and move the ladle in circular motion. (If you are using a non stick tawa, no need to add oil, otherwise add 1 teaspoon of oil, once the bottom side gets cooked, flip the dosa to the other side and let it cook on that side.
8. Take it out into a serving plate and serve it hot with any chutney. I served it with onion tomato chutney.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving