kaju strawberry recipe – tasty and easy to make diwali sweet recipe with cashew nuts, sugar, ghee and a pinch of food color.
kaju strawberry is an easy less than 20 minute diwali sweet recipe which can be made at home with very few ingredients. There is another easy diwali preparation with kaju or cashew nuts – kaju balls.
This delicious sweet with a taste of cashew is very famous in sweet stalls. I saw this first in A2B. It was so tasty.
The sweet is made with cashew nuts which is called as kaju in Hindi and it has a shape of strawberry. Hence the name kaju strawberry. It is a very easy to prepare sweet, even beginners can try making this delicious sweet. If you are new to cooking, after adding cashew nuts, when the mixture starts coming together, remove it from the stove and keep stirring it vigorously until the entire mixture comes together as a mass. This will prevent the mixture from getting over cooked. This is one tip I learnt while making milk powder burfi.
kaju strawberry recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 10 mins
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
- kaju powder or cashew nut powder – 1 cup
- water – 1/4 cup
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- rose essence – few drops (or kewra essence)
- red and green food color – 1/4 teaspoon each
- cardamom powder or elaichi powder – one pinch
- ghee – 1 teaspoon
how to make kaju strawberry recipe
1. Add cashew nut to a mixer jar and grind it to a fine powder. Measure 1 cup of cashew nut powder and keep aside.
Bring water to a boil. Add sugar, keep stirring until the sugar melts. Reduce the flame to medium and cook till it reaches a one string consistency.
2. Reduce the flame to low. Immediately add essence, to it. Mix well.
3. Now add finely powdered kaju to it and keep stirring in order to avoid formation of lumps. Cook it in low flame. Stir well.
4. After 10 min you will find it leaving the sides of the pan. Take a pinch of dough and try to roll it. If you are able to make a ball, then you have reached the right consistency. Turn off the flame. Add elaichi powder, mix well.
5. Take out the dough, place it on a platform or plate. Grease your palms with ghee and knead the mixture well.
6. Divide the dough into two parts. To one part, add red food color. Mix well. Add green food color to the other part. Mix well. Proceed to make kaju strawberry.
7. Take a small pinch of red dough, shape like strawberry. Same way, take a small pinch of green dough, make leaves, and place it on top of the red strawberry. Keep it in the refrigerator for 10 min.
8. kaju strawberry is ready to serve. Serve cool.