kaju ladoo recipe or cashew nut balls with step by step photos. A tasty and easy to make diwali sweet recipe with cashew nuts, sugar and ghee.
kaju ladoo is very easy to prepare and are also high energy snack. It is perfect for all festivals and can be prepared in advance. kaju katli is a very popular Indian sweet but is very difficult to prepare and get the right consistency. kaju ladoo is very less common compared to the burfi variety, but it is easy to prepare.
For preparing these delicious cashew nut balls, very few ingredients are needed, especially cashew nuts or kaju, sugar and ghee.
There are various methods of preparing kaju ladoo. It can be prepared by adding equal amounts of cashew, almonds and other nuts. Or sooji or rava can also be added to cashew for getting perfect cashew nut balls.
kaju ladoo recipe
preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time: 40 mins
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
- cashew nuts or kaju – 1 cup
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- ghee – 2 tablespoons
- water – 4 tablespoons
- kesar or saffron – few strands
- cardamom powder or elaichi powder – 1/4 teaspoon
how to make kaju ladoo recipe with step by step photos
1.Grind cashews and sugar to a fine powder. Transfer them to a bowl.
2. In a pan, add ghee, melt it and add the cashew sugar mixture.
3. Keep stirring in low medium flame for a few minutes. Take care the mixture should not turn brown. It should not get burnt.
4. Keep the flame low, make a well and slowly add water and saffron into it. Keep stirring continuously to avoid formation of lumps.
5. You will find it bubbling, but keep stirring continuously in medium low flame otherwise, it will burn. Keep stirring the mixture until it thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
6. Take a pinch of the mixture, grease your hands with ghee and roll it to a small ball. Place it on a plate. If the mixture holds its shape, then the mixture has reached the right consistency. Turn off the flame. Allow it to cool.
6. After cooling, take small pinches of mixture, and roll it into balls.
7. If you want to cut into squares, then grease a plate and spread the mixture evenly and allow it to cool. Cut into desired shape.
8. kaju ladoo is ready to serve.
kaju ladoo or cashew nut balls recipe below
- cashew nuts or kaju - 1 cup
- sugar - ¾ cup
- ghee - 2 tablespoons
- water - 4 tablespoons
- kesar or saffron - few strands
- cardamom powder or elaichi powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Grind cashews and sugar to a fine powder. Mix them well in bowl.
- In a pan, add ghee, melt it and add the cashew sugar mixture.
- Mix it with the ghee and saute for two minutes.The mixture should not turn brown.
- Make a well and add water and saffron into it.
- Mix well without forming any lumps.
- Now spread it in a plate and allow it to cool.
- You can make pieces or you can make balls.