kaju katli sandwich – kaju katli is a tasty and popular sweet made with cashew nuts.
kaju katli is a popular sweet which is prepared and gifted during diwali festival. kaju katli sandwich is a twist to the regular kaju katli with a paneer oats powder stuffing. It is very easy to prepare and can be prepared for functions like raksha bandhan, diwali and other festivals or can be enjoyed any time of the day.
kaju katli sandwich recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 30 mins
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
For kaju katli
- cashew nut powder – 110 grams
- oats flour – 15 grams
- saffron – a pinch
- saffron color – few drops
- rose essence – 2 – 3 drops
- water – 50 grams or 1/4 cup
- sugar – 75 grams
- ghee – 1 teaspoon
- oat flour – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
- paneer – 80 grams, crushed
- desiccated coconut – 30 grams
- milk powder – 3 tablespoons
- cashew nut powder – 1 tablespoon
- condensed milk – 3 tablespoons
- white chocolate – 25 grams
how to make kaju katli sandwich recipe
stuffing for kaju katli
1.Heat ghee in a pan add oat flour and coconut, roast for 1-2 mins.
2. Add paneer, milk powder, cashew nut powder and mix well. Now add condensed milk, chocolate and stir continuously. Mix well. It will form a semi-soft dough. Transfer the mixture to a plate and keep it aside. Allow it to cool.
For kaju katli
3. Heat a pan, add water, sugar and let it boil till the two thread consistency.
4. Turn off the flame and add soaked saffron water and saffron colour.
5. Now add the oat flour, cashew nut powder, mix vigorously till you get the dough like consistency.
6. Grease your hands and butter paper for easier rolling. Place the dough on a sheet of butter paper and roll out to the desired thickness.
7. Cut the rolled out dough into circles with the cookie cutter or into your desired shape.
8. Gently shape each circle in to a half moon. Spoon in some of the stuffing.
9. Garnish with silver leaves, pistachios, and chopped cranberry.