kadai paneer recipe restaurant style with step by step pics – kadai paneer is a tasty, delicious and flavorful paneer dish cooked in a tomato based gravy.
kadai paneer is one of the easiest and popular paneer recipe. it can be served as a side dish for chapati, roti or with pulao.
kadai paneer is also called as karahi paneer and is one of the most popular paneer dishes served in the restaurants. other popular paneer dishes being paneer butter masala, matar paneer, palak paneer and paneer makhani. you can also make kadai paneer gravy with the same recipe.
this kadai paneer recipe is a semi-dry version. it is a very simple and easy to make restaurant style kadai paneer recipe. the dish got its name kadai paneer as it is cooked in a kadai or wok.
kadai paneer tastes great when made in a kadai, but if you don’t have a kadai, you can make use of a pan or a normal non stick pan.
this restaurant style kadai paneer is my daughter’s favorite whenever we visit restaurant.
Other paneer recipes:
how to make kadai paneer recipe
1. Dry roast separately dry red chili and coriander seeds. Transfer it to a plate and allow it to cool. Then grind both together into a coarse powder. Keep aside. (You can dry roast the ingredients and pound them in a mortar and pestle or a mixer jar for this purpose. If the quantity is very less, then you can use a mortar and pestle. )
2. Heat oil in a pan or kadai. When oil is hot enough, reduce the flame, add bay leaf, ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and saute again till it becomes soft and mushy. Then add the spice powders, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and the coarsely ground masala. Saute well.
4. Add cubed capsicum and green chilies. Saute well for a few seconds and then reduce the flame, cover and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. (The capsicum should have bit of crunchiness. ) Add salt, garam masala, mix well.
5. Add paneer cubes, mix well. Add 1 teaspoon of crushed kasuri methi and 1 tablespoon of finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
6. kadai paneer is ready to serve.
kadai paneer recipe below
- paneer or cottage cheese - 1½ cup or 250 grams
- tomato - 5 - 6 (medium)
- ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- green chili - 1 (chopped)
- capsicum - 1 (big)
- turmeric powder - ⅛ teaspoon
- chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- bay leaf - 1
- kasuri methi - 1 teaspoon
- cumin seeds or jeera - 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder - ½ teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- for coarse powder
- dry red chili - 2- 3
- coriander seeds - 1½ tablespoon
- coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Dry roast dry red chili and coriander seeds separately. Let it cool. Then blend them into a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till it becomes mushy and soft.
- Add spice powders , the ground powder and mix well.
- Saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add cubed capsicum and green chilies. Mix well. Cover and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add salt and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Add cubed paneer, mix well.
- Add crushed kasuri methi and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve kadai paneer hot with chapati, roti or naan.
red, green or yellow capsicum can be used for making kadai paneer.