jowar roti recipe | jowar bhakri – tasty and healthy indian flat breads made with jowar or sorghum flour. They are also called as jollada rotti in Karnataka.
jowar or sorghum is a healthy millet which is rich in calcium, iron and potassium. Sorghum is a gluten-free grain and is helpful for keeping blood sugar balanced in diabetic patients.
We are trying to change our lifestyle and trying to include lots of millets into our daily routine. I have already shared the recipe of sorghum dosa. You might also be interested in other millet recipes like samai idli, tomato rice, bajra dosa
jowar roti recipe | jowar bhakri
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: breakfast, dinner
cuisine: North Indian
equipment used: tawa
- jowar flour – 1 cup
- hot water – as required
- salt – to taste
how to make jowar roti recipe – jowar bhakri
1. To make jowar roti, add 1 cup of jowar flour into a bowl. Add salt, and mix well.
2. To this, add 1/2 cup of hot water. Mix well with a spoon. If required, add more water, and mix well. When the heat becomes bearable, knead it well with your hands.
3. Cover the dough and keep it aside until the dough reaches room temperature.
4. Pinch out medium sized balls out of the dough.
5. Sprinkle jowar flour on a rolling board. Slightly flatten the ball and place it on the rolling board. With your lightly press the balls and rotate the roti. Add more flour if required.
6. Heat a tawa and grease it with oil. Carefully lift the roti and place it onto the hot tawa. Apply water on the surface of the roti.
7. Let the base get cooked till 1/4 and then flip the roti. Cook on this side till brown spots appear.
8. Carefully with a tong, lift the roti and place on the fire. You will find the roti puffing up.
9. Flip and cook the roti on the other side. Once cooked well, remove it from flame.
10. jowar roti is ready. Apply oil or butter and serve hot with any curry of your choice.