JOWAR DOSA – HOW TO MAKE JOWAR DOSA
Jowar Dosa – Ingredients
- jowar / cholam / sorghum – 1 cup
- idli rice – 1 cup
- urad dal – 1 cup
- methi seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- oil – as required for making dosa
How to make jowar dosa batter
2. Soak sorghum / jowar and rice together for 8 hours or overnight. Soak urad dal separately for 3 hours.3. First grind urad dal till it becomes fluffy. Transfer it to another bowl.
4. Next add rice and jowar, grind it to smooth paste. Don’t add too much of water. Add urad dal batter, salt, and grind it once more.
5. Transfer it to a big bowl large enough to hold the batter even after fermentation.
6. Leave it covered for fermentation. This will take around 6 – 7 hours.
7. After fermentation, add more water if required to get a dosa batter consistency.
How to make jowar dosa
8. Heat a tawa or a dosa pan. Grease it with oil.
9. Pour a ladleful of batter onto the hot tawa and spread it outwards to make thin dosa.
10. Drizzle one teaspoon of oil around the edges and in the middle.
11. Flip the dosa to the other side when one side is golden brown. Cook the other side for a minute or until cooked well.
12. Fold the dosa, remove it from tawa and serve hot.
13. Jowar dosa tastes great when hot and serve jowar dosa with sambar, chutney or idli podi.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views and suggestions in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving