instant oats dosa recipe or oats dosa with step by step photos – a quick and instant dosa recipe made with oats as the main ingredient which can be served for breakfast.
dosa is a staple South Indian breakfast item. I always have stock of idli dosa batter in the refrigerator. But there are times when idli dosa batter is over and we need to make instant breakfast. During these circumstances, I prefer making rava dosa, ragi dosa, rava idli, and many other instant breakfast recipes.
We all know the health benefit of oats. But I don’t like the taste of oats but knowing the health benefits, I try to make indian breakfast with oats and include it in my diet. This oats dosa is one among them. I also make oats adai, oats idli and many other recipes with oats.
Let us see how to make oats idli recipe with step by step photos.
instant oats dosa recipe
preparation time: 15 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
recipe type: breakfast
serves: 2 -3
- oats – 1 cup
- rice flour – 1/4 cup
- rava or sooji – 1/4 cup
- curd or buttermilk – 2 tablespoons
- onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- ginger – 1 small piece, grated
- green chili – 1 – 2 , finely chopped
- cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- hing or asafoetida powder – a pinch
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- oil – for making dosa
how to make instant oats dosa recipe with step by step photos
1.Dry roast oats in low flame for a few minutes. Allow it to cool. Grind the roasted oats to a fine powder.
2. Add oats powder, rice flour, sooji to a bowl. Add all the other ingredients except oil, and mix well. Add water little by little and make a batter of flowing consistency. You will need around 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups of water. The batter should be slightly thinner than the dosa batter consistency just like rava dosa.
3. Cover and keep it aside for 15 – 20 minutes. Rava absorbs water, so check the consistency once more and add water if necessary.
4. Heat a tawa or a griddle and grease it with oil. The tawa should be hot but should not be smoky.
5. Heat a non-stick tawa over medium flame. Take one ladle full of batter and gently pour it in circular motion. Start from edges and pour towards the center in circular motion. Make thin dosa. Drizzle oil around the edges and at the center.
6. Cook until the bottom side becomes golden brown and crisp. Flip it to the other side and cook for a few minutes in medium flame.
7. Transfer the dosa to a serving plate. Serve oats dosa with coconut chutney.
instant oats dosa recipe below
- oats - 1 cup
- rice flour - ¼ cup
- rava or sooji - ¼ cup
- curd or buttermilk - 2 tablespoons
- onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
- ginger - 1 small piece, grated
- green chili - 1 - 2 , finely chopped
- cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- hing or asafoetida powder - a pinch
- salt - to taste
- coriander leaves - few, finely chopped
- oil - for making dosa
- Dry roast oats in low flame for a few minutes. Allow it to cool.
- Grind it to a fine powder.
- Add the powdered oats, rice flour, sooji, and all the other ingredients except oil to a bowl.
- Add water little by little and make a batter of flowing consistency. Leave it aside covered for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with oil.
- Pour one ladle full of batter in circular motion starting from outside to the inner side just like rava dosa.
- Drizzle oil around the edges and at the center.
- Cook in medium flame until the bottom side becomes crisp and golden brown.
- Flip the dosa and cook on the other side too.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve oats dosa with chutney.