ginger tea recipe with step by step photos – indian ginger tea is a beverage very popular throughout India. It has a flavor of ginger. Ginger is called as adrak in Hindi and hence the name adrak wali chai
ginger tea is a very common beverage made with ginger, tea leaves and crushed cardamom. Addition of cardamom is optional, but it gives a nice flavor to the tea. I am not a tea lover, nor do I drink tea, but my better half is a hard core fan of tea, and this one is his favorite. So, I make it very often at home.
ginger tea recipe
preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time: 10 mins
recipe type: Beverage
- milk – 1 cup
- water – 1/2 cup
- tea powder – 2 teaspoons
- ginger – 1-inch piece or 1 tablespoon
- cardamom – 1 – 2 crushed, with skin
- sugar – 1 and 1/2 teaspoons or to taste
how to make indian ginger tea recipe with step by step photos
1.Wash ginger root well under clear running water. Scrub it well to remove the dirt and other impurities on top of the ginger.
2. Peel the skin from ginger and chop it into small pieces. Crush them with the help of mortar and pestle.
3. Bring water to a boil in a pan. Add the crushed ginger, crushed cardamom, to the boiling water. Once it comes to a rolling boil, reduce the flame and let it boil for another 5 – 6 minutes.
4. Add sugar and wait till the sugar melts completely. You can also add sugar at the end of the process according to your desired taste.
5. Add tea powder, bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame, let it boil for another 2 – 3 minutes. Turn off the flame. There is a chance that milk will curdle when it comes in contact with ginger. So turn off the flame and then add ginger.
4. Add 2 cups of milk. Place the pan over the gas and cook on low flame for another 4 – 5 minutes. Simmer makes ginger tea strong.
5. Strain the tea directly to a serving cup. Serve ginger tea hot with biscuits or pakodas.
indian ginger tea recipe
- milk - 1 cup
- water - ½ cup
- tea powder - 2 teaspoons
- ginger - 1-inch piece
- cardamom - 1 - 2 crushed, with skin
- sugar - 1 and ½ teaspoons or to taste
- Wash, scrub ginger root, peel the skin.
- Chop into pieces and crush them.
- Bring water to a boil with crushed ginger, crushed cardamom. Reduce the flame and boil for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, tea powder, and boil for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add milk, boil in low flame for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a strainer right into serving cups or glasses.
- Serve ginger tea hot.