Idli fry is an easy to make snack item which can be made from leftover idlies. It would make a wonderful snack for kids who come home tired from school and want something crispy and tasty. It is also a best option for moms who want to feed their kids with healthy food.These fried idlis can also be made by deep frying them in hot oil which is the way we normally do it at home. Today, I tried the baking the idli wedges and believe me you get the same amount of crispiness and taste by baking the idlis.
There is one thing I noticed while making this. Always use leftover idli to make idli fry, as it will give you more crispy outer layer. Now to the recipe..
|sesame oil / nallenna||2 – 3 tablespoon|
|idli podi / chutney powder||as required|
2. Cut the leftover idlies into wedges. In a bowl, take sesame oil, and generously brush it on the idli pieces. (Take care to brush oil on all the sides)
3. Grease a baking tray, place the idli pieces on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Take out the baking tray, flip the idli pieces to the other side and bake again for another 10 minutes. (The idli pieces should be very crisp. If not, bake for few more minutes.)
5. In another bowl, take chutney powder, put the baked idli pieces in the bowl and mix well. If you want, add little sesame oil, so that everything gets mixed well.
6. Serve with tomato ketchup.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving