ice cream cake recipe – easy method of preparing ice cream cake at home.
ice cream cakes are delicious make-ahead dessert recipe which can be made in advance for any special occasion. Here I have used homemade chocolate cake for making this delicious cake, but you can also use store bought cake. It is very easy to put together all the ingredients and make ice cream cake once you have a chocolate cake ready.
Let us see how to make ice cream cake recipe.
ice cream cake recipe
preparation time: 8 hours
recipe type: dessert
serves: 4 – 5
- chocolate cake – 1
- vanilla ice cream – 1 cup
- full fat cream – 1 cup
- rose essence – few drops
- dry fruits – 1/2 cup, (I used cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios)
- sprinkles – as required
for sugar syrup
- sugar – 1/4 cup
- water – 1/8 cup
how to make ice cream cake recipe
1. To make ice cream cake, the first step is to make a chocolate cake using a spring foam tin. Using a spring foam tin will make demolding easier. If the cake is doomed on the top, then slice the upper portion of the cake. Keep it aside.
2. Let us prepare sugar syrup for ice cream cake. In a bowl, add water and sugar. Once the sugar melts completely and the syrup starts to thicken, turn off the flame. Now pour the prepared sugar syrup on the prepared chocolate cake and leave it aside for 5 minutes so that the cake absorbs the sugar syrup completely.
3. Now take the vanilla ice cream, whisk it well until fluffy but still frozen. Spread the whipped up ice cream on top of the chocolate cake. Spread it evenly using a spatula. You can also add few pieces of crushed cookies on top if you want to. I haven’t added any. Freeze it for 3 to 4 hours until it is well set.
4. In a mixing bowl, take the full fat cream (I used milky mist 40% fat cream. Beat it using a blender on a high speed until it forms soft peaks. Add rose essence to this and whisk once more until it gets well combined.
5. Now take the cake from the freezer and spread it evenly on top of the cake. Spread it evenly with a spatula.
6. Once the cream is spread, sprinkle sugar balls and nuts throughout the cake. Cling wrap the cake.
7. Freeze it overnight or for about 8 hours. Remove it from the fridge and after that remove the cling wrap. As we have used a spring foam, the cake can be de-moulded easily. ice cream cake is ready. Slice and serve.
- You can experiment with any flavors of cake and ice cream as you wish.