hummus recipe – hummus is a very popular middle eastern dish made with cooked chickpeas.
hummus is a healthy chickpea dip which can be served with pita bread or with falafel. It is a very popular dish in Mediterranean cuisine. I love chickpeas and this is very easy to make and can be made even at the last minute.
preparation time: 5 minutes
recipe type: appetizerr
serves: 5 – 6
- chickpeas – 2 cups, soaked and boiled
- sesame seeds – 1 cup, roasted and powdered
- olive oil – 1 cup
- garlic pods – 3 – 4
- salt – to taste
- lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- coriander leaves – few
- boiled chickpeas – few
how to make hummus recipe
1. Roast the sesame seeds in a blender or dry grinder and finely powder them.
2. Now add the cooked and drained chickpeas, and the other ingredients into the blender.
3. Blend to a smooth paste.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle some good quality olive oil on top.
5. hummus is ready. Serve with falafel or with pita bread.