IDLI DOSA BATTER USING MIXIE
Idli Dosa batter recipe – Ingredients
- idli rice – 2 cups
- urad dal – 1/2 cup
- aval / poha / flattened rice – 1/4 cup
- fenugreek seeds / uluva – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- water – as required
How to make idli batter in mixie
6. Add salt, mix well. Cover and keep the batter in a warm place for 10 – 12 hours or overnight. Take care to keep the batter in a big vessel big enough to hold it so that the batter does not spill out after fermentation.
7. Upon fermentation, the batter rises and then you can use the batter for making idli or dosa.
8. Grease an idli plate, add the idli batter 1 spoonful to each hole. Heat water in a pressure cooker, keep the idli plate into the pressure cooker, and steam cook till the idli is completely cooked.
9. Once the idlis are cooked well, take it out from the idli plate using a spoon.
10. Serve idli hot with coconut chutney, sambar and idli podi.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views and suggestions in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving