Making homemade sambar powder is very easy. Now to the recipe..
SAMBAR POWDER RECIPE – HOMEMADE SAMBAR POWDER
Sambar podi recipe – Ingredients
- toor dal / thuvara parippu – 1/2 cup
- chana dal / kadala parippu – 1/4 cup
- urud dal / uzhunnu parippu – 1/4 cup
- coriander seeds / pacha malli – 1 1/2 cup
- cumin seeds / jeerakam – 1/4 cup
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1 tablespoon
- fenugreek seeds / uluva – 1 tablespoon
- pepper – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- turmeric powder – 3 teaspoon
- asafoetida powder – 2 teaspoons
- dry red chili – 20
- oil – 1 teaspoon
How To Make Sambar Powder At Home
1. Heat oil in a kadhai, wok or deep, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add dals and fry them on medium flame until light golden. Remove them and drain them on a kitchen paper and allow it to cool.
2. Now add in coriander seeds, pepper corns, fenugreek seeds and roast them for a few minutes.
3. Add in mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Roast all the ingredients until they get roasted well and become golden color.
4. Transfer it to another plate along with dals.
5. Once cool, transfer it to a blender, and powder it once. Then add asafoetida powder, turmeric powder and make a fine powder.
6. Transfer it to a plate or kitchen paper and let it cool completely.
7. Sieve and store in an airtight container.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views, suggestions in the box given below.
Enjoy cooking and serving