I am at my native and we got dozens of fresh ripe mangoes. I didn’t want to waste them. Few of them were used for making mango milkshake, and with the rest, I made mango jam. This is the best way to preserve mangoes to make use of the rest of the year.
mango jam is very easy to make with just 3 ingredients. The recipe is very simple, easy to prepare and delicious!! It stays fresh for several days. The color of the jam will vary depending on the variety of mangoes used.
The method of making mango jam is very easy. Wash, peel and chop the ripe mangoes, puree them. Now cook the pureed mangoes along with sugar and lemon juice till it reaches jam consistency.
I love making jam at home and I feel that it is one of the best ways to use seasonal fruits. Kids love this jam a lot and a jam made with fresh mangoes and no preservatives. It would be one of the best dishes for your friends and family.
Here are a few tips while preparing mango jam. Mix all the ingredients and cook on a medium flame, stir occasionally so that they don’t get burnt. Storage is a very important part. Allow the jam to cool and store in an air-tight container. Use a dry spoon while taking out the jam. Never use a wet spoon or a used spoon for taking the jam. Store the jam inside the refrigerator for long shelf life.
mango jam recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
recipe type: jam
serves: around 1 cup
- mango – 2, small
- sugar – 1/4 cup
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
how to make mango jam recipe with step by step photos
1. Wash, chop and peel mangoes. Transfer to a mixer jar and grind it to a smooth paste.
2. Add mango puree, sugar and lime juice to a non-stick pan, mix well. Keep stirring for at least 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture and check the consistency. Drop the jam on a plate. If The mixture will be glossy.
3. Allow it to cool and store the jam in an air-tight container.
4. Spread jam on bread slices and serve.
homemade mango jam recipe
- mango - 2 small
- sugar - ¼ cup
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Wash, chop and peel mangoes. Transfer to a mixer jar and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add mango puree, sugar and lime juice to a non-stick pan, mix well. Keep stirring for at least 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture and check the consistency. Drop the jam on a plate. If The mixture will be glossy.
- Allow it to cool and store the jam in an air-tight container.
- Spread mango jam on bread slices and serve.