gur papdi recipe | gujrati sukhdi – a tasty dessert made with whole wheat flour, jaggery and ghee.
I was planning to make gujrati thali and was looking for an easy sweet recipe which can be added to the mini gujrati thali menu. I was thinking about various complicated sweets, and my friend Seema suggested me this easy sweet. I was sure that it would taste great with ghee, wheat flour and jaggery. And more over it was super easy.
To make gud papdi only 3 ingredients are needed. Dry fruits can be added as per your preference and it increases the nutrition value of the dish.
gur papdi recipe
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: dessert
cuisine: gujrati, indian
equipment used: pan
- whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- ghee – 3 and 1/2 tablespoons
- jaggery – 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- desiccated coconut – 1/2 teaspoon
- almonds – to garnish
how to make gujrati gur papdi recipe
1. Grease a plate or a cake tin with ghee or oil and keep it aside.
2. Melt ghee in a pan. When the ghee melts, reduce the flame to low, add the whole wheat flour. Keep stirring while you add wheat flour to prevent lumps. Roast it in low medium flame till golden brown and starts releasing a nice aroma. Keep stirring constantly while roasting.
3. Once the wheat flour is roasted well, turn off the flame. Add powdered or grated jaggery, desiccated coconut, cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Mix well until the jaggery melts completely, the mixture thickens up. Do not mix for a long time, otherwise it will crumble.
5. Transfer the mixture to a greased plate. Press them with a greased bowl. Garnish with almond slivers.
6. Let it cool down. While it is still warm, cut into pieces.
7. gujrati gud papdi is ready.