gulab jamun recipe with mtr gulab jamun mix | instant gulab jamun recipe – a popular Indian dessert
gulab jamun is a very popular Indian sweet recipe. Today, I am sharing an easy instant gulab jamun recipe with MTR mix. Here, I have used Mtr since I am using it for a long time. But you can use any brand of your choice.
gulab jamun can be made in various ways. This is one of the easiest way to make this dessert. I wanted to share this recipe for Diwali, but since Raksha bandhan is nearing, I thought of sharing this recipe here.
gulab jamun recipe with mtr gulab jamun mix
preparation time: 30 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: dessert
serves: 5 – 6
equipment used: kadai, bowl
- mtr gulab jamun mix – 1 packet (175 grams)
- warm milk – 1/2 cup
for sugar syrup
- sugar – 3 cups
- water – 3 cups
- saffron strands or kesar – few
- rose essence – few drops
- oil – for deep frying
how to make gulab jamun with mtr gulab jamun mix
to make dough
1. Add the contents of MTR gulab jamun mix to a sieve. Sieve well to remove lumps.
2. Transfer it to a plate or a bowl. Add milk little by little and mix well. Gather everything together. Do not knead them.
3. You will get a sticky dough. Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
to make sugar syrup
4. Add sugar, water to a pan. Add few strands of saffron, rose essence and mix well.
5. Bring it to a boil. Cook on a medium flame for 10 – 15 minutes on a medium flame.
5. The syrup will become sticky. The syrup will look glossy and oily in consistency. Turn off the flame.
to fry jamun
6. Take the dough. Take small pinches of dough, and roll it into crack free balls. There should not be any cracks in the balls, else they will break while frying.
7. Keep aside covered till use.
8. Heat oil in a pan in a medium flame. Check whether the oil is hot enough by dropping a pinch of dough into the hot oil.
9. If the ball starts bubbling and rises to the top immediately, then the oil is hot enough.
10. Add the balls one by one into the hot oil. Keep stirring the oil in a circular motion so that the temperature of the oil remains the same. Do not touch the jamun balls, else it will break.
11. Fry till the balls turn golden brown in color.
12. Remove them from the hot oil using a slotted spoon and drop them into sugar syrup.
13. Let it soak for 2 hours for best results.
14. Soft gulab jamun is ready.