gujiya recipe with moong dal khoya stuffing. gujiya is a tasty sweet recipe which is made with a sweet khoya filling. It is very popular in North India and is made on ocassions like Holi, Diwali and other festivals.
This gujiya recipe is a unique recipe with moong dal khoya stuffing. gujiya can be made in a variety of ways. It can be deep fried, or baked. This gujiya recipe in air fryer makes use of very less oil and the addition of moong dal makes it very healthy and tasty. The addition of soya flour to the gujiya dough also makes it very healthy.
The preparation of gujiya can be divided into 3 steps: First, preparing the dough, second preparing filling for gujiya and the third is preparing the gujiya.
Let us see how to make gujiya recipe with moong dal khoya stuffing.
gujiya recipe with moong dal and khoya stuffing
Preparation time: 1o minutes
cooking time: 35 mins
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
- soya flour – 25 grams
- maida or refined flour – 75 grams
- ghee – 25 grams
- cold water
- ghee – 1 teaspoon
- moong dal – 20 grams
- dalia or broken wheat – 20 grams
- milk – 1 and 1/4 cup
- milk powder – 3 tablespoons
- khoya – 100 grams
- mixed dry fruits – 35 grams
- coconut powder – 20 grams
- sugar – 60 grams, powdered
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- maida – 1 tablespoon
- water – 2 tablespoons
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- water – 1/4 cup
- saffron – a pinch
- cardamom powder – 2 pinches
- orange juice – 1/2 cup
- cornflour – 1/2 teaspoon
- sugar – 1 tablespoon, optional
- pistachio – few, slivered
- silver warq
how to make gujiya recipe with moong dal khoya stuffing
1. Add soya flour, refined flour and ghee into a bowl and mix well with your fingers. Add cold water little by little and make a stiff dough. Cover and keep it aside.
moong dal khoya stuffing for gujiya
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pressure cooker. Add dalia or broken wheat and roast for a minute. Add washed moong dal and saute for a minute or two. Add milk, mix. Pressure cook for two whistles and then turn off the flame. Wait till the pressure subsides.
3. Open the lid, transfer the cooked moong dal mixture to a mixture jar and grind it to a paste.
4. Pour this batter to a non-stick pan and stir it continuously on low flame. Take care that the mixture do not stick to the bottom of the pan. Soon the moisture will dry and it will look like a khoya or a dough. Turn off the flame. Keep the moong dal mixture aside.
5. In another pan, add 1 teaspoon of ghee. Add chopped dry fruits and roast them in low flame. Transfer it to another plate, keep aside.
6. In the same pan, add khoya and roast well. Keep stirring until the mixture comes together and starts leaving the sides of the pan. Let it cool.
7. Once cool, add the khoya mixture, daliya or broken wheat, and dry fruits, powdered sugar and cardamom powder. moong dal khoya stuffing for gujiya is ready.
8. Prepare nizam with refined flour and water. Add refined flour, water and mix well. Nizam is ready.
for preparing gujiya
9. Take the dough and knead it once more. Take small pinches of the dough.
10. Roll the dough into a small circle. Apply nizam, put some filling and seal it from the edges.
11. Preheat air fryer at 200 degree centigrade. Cook the greased gujiya in air fryer for 10 minutes or till golden color. Flip the gujiya after 5 minutes.
12. If you wish to you can also bake or deep fry the gujiya.
12. Add sugar and water into a bowl. Bring it to a boil. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves completely. Cook on medium flame till it reaches two string thread consistency. Dip the gujiya in sugar syrup and place on a wire rack.
13. Garnish with pista and silver warq.
orange sauce recipe
14. Add 1/2 teaspoon cornflour to orange juice and mix well. Add the prepared mixture to a pan. Cook on low flame for a few minutes. Keep stirring continuously. Allow the mixture to cool. Orange sauce is ready. it can be used as a dip.