gujrati sweet whole wheat pancake recipe or meetha pudla – one of the simplest, healthiest and comfort food.
This Gujrati recipe is a very simple recipe. To make sweet whole wheat pancakes, I am using jaggery here. You can also make use of sugar to make meetha pudla. This recipe makes use of less oil, and it is egg-free. Serve it for breakfast or as a snack with a cup of tea. You can also serve it for dinner with gram flour chilla.
gujrati sweet whole wheat pancake recipe or meetha pudla
preparation time: 8 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: dessert
- jaggery – 1 cup
- water – 1/3 glass
- whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- melted ghee
- powdered sugar
- banana slices
how to make gujrati sweet whole wheat pancakes or meetha pudla
1.In a mixing bowl, soak jaggery in water for 5 minutes so that it gets melted.
2. Add whole wheat flour into the jaggery mixture. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. The batter should not be thin.
3. Heat a non-stick pan or tawa. Spread a generous spoon of the batter into thin pancakes. Spread it quickly. Make sure the flame is slow.
4. Drizzle few drops of oil around the pancakes. After 2 to 3 minutes, you will see that the top surface is getting dry. It is time to flip the pancakes. Flip and cook the pancakes on the other side for 2 minutes.
5. Apply 1/4 teaspoon melted ghee and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Serve meetha pudla hot.