guacamole recipe or avocado dip – a simple mexican dish made with ripe avocado.
Though the name seems to be a little complicated, the method of making guacamole is very easy. You can easily make this avocado dip at home with very few ingredients like ripe avocado, salt, lime juice, chili, cilantro, onion, tomato, and pepper powder.
The key of making perfect guacamole is using ripe avocados. This is a super easy recipe and takes just 10 minutes to put everything together and above all it is gluten free. Serve it with some tortilla chips or enjoy it with sandwiches or burritos.
I often make these easy avocado dip and love to have them with sandwiches. Do try out and let us know how it turned out.
preparation time: 5 minutes
serves: 2 – 3
- ripe avocado – 2
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- red onion – 2 tablespoons, minced
- tomato – 1/2, seeds and pulp removed
- chili – 1 – 2 stem and seed removed and minced
- coriander leaves or cilantro – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- pepper powder – a pinch
how to make guacamole recipe with step by step photos
1.Wash and cut the avocados into half. Remove the seed. Scoop out the pulp from the avocado and add it to a bowl.
2. Now using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. Don’t mash it too much. guacamole tastes great with little chunks in it.
3. Sprinkle salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
4. Add onion, chili, coriander leaves, tomato and pepper powder. Mix well. You can increase or decrease the amount of chilies according to your preference. I usually start with one chili and if necessary, I add more.
5. delicious avocado dip or guacamole is ready. Serve immediately. If you don’t want to use it immediately, then wrap the bowl with a plastic film or a cling film and refrigerate. And in such a case, add tomatoes at the end while serving.