paneer cheese sandwich | grilled paneer cheese sandwich – a tasty, healthy, easy to make and filling sandwich recipe with paneer.
grilled paneer cheese sandwich | paneer sandwich recipe – I don’t make sandwiches very often, but kids love them. I love idli, dosa, paratha and all other stuffs for breakfast and my snack list includes chana chaat, baked masala vada, dry fruit burfi, millet cookies.
This grilled paneer cheese sandwich is healthy, filling, and does not require much work. All you have to do is make a paneer filling. Here I have used paneer, sweet corn, capsicum for the filling. You can also add some spinach, or mushrooms to make it healthier.
The new year started with a resolution to eat healthy, but it is not always easy to do it. So, if the idea is to eat healthy, then the first thing I would prefer is eating home cooked food. It is always hygienic, less oily, and you also have a control of what you are eating. And this paneer cheese sandwich is one such easy and healthy sandwich. I have grilled them, but you can also toast them in a sandwich maker or just toast them on a pan.
Let us see how to make paneer cheese sandwich recipe
grilled paneer cheese sandwich recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: breakfast, snack
- bread slices – 4
- butter – as required
- cheese slices – 2
for paneer filling
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- onion – 1, small – finely chopped
- ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, grated
- garlic – 1 clove
- paneer – 1 cup, crumbled
- sweet corn kernels – 1/2 cup
- capsicum – 1/4 cup
- red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
how to make grilled paneer cheese sandwich recipe
1. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic, and saute till onion turns translucent.
2. Add corn kernels, capsicum, red chili powder, salt, mix well. Cover and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
3. Open the lid, add crumbled paneer, garam masala, mix well. Cook on a low flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add finely chopped coriander leaves, mix well. Turn off the flame. The paneer filling for sandwich is ready.
5. Heat a griller or a sandwich maker.
6. Now we can start assembling the sandwich. Take two bread slices, apply butter on top.
7. Spread one or two tablespoons of paneer filling on the bread slices. Place cheese slices on top of the paneer corn filling. Close the sandwich with other two slices of bread.
8. Melt butter on the griller Place the prepared sandwiches on the grill pan or on a sandwich maker. Grill till the sandwich is golden brown in color on both the sides.
9. Cut into half and serve hot with tomato ketchup. Hot and delicious grilled paneer cheese sandwich is ready.