green peas soup recipe | pea soup – Winters and soup go hand in hand, and green peas soup is a vibrantly colored, flavorful soup with a creamy texture.
A creamy soup made with green peas, little spice to counter the sweetness of peas, served with some baked croutons..
green peas soup recipe | pea soup
- butter – 1 teaspoon
- green peas – 1 cup
- spring onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- garlic – 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- fresh cream
- mint leaves
how to make green peas soup recipe
1. Heat a saucepan with a little butter. Add 1 teaspoon of garlic and saute till the raw smell goes off completely.
2. Add chopped spring onion and green peas. Saute for a few seconds.
3. Saute well, add salt, pepper powder and cook on a low flame for a few minutes with the lid on.
4. Add about 1 cup of water and let this boil for 7 to 8 minutes.
5. Turn off the flame and let this cool a little bit. Transfer the sautéed ingredients to a blender and pour the mix back into the sauce pan.
6. Boil the soup again, check for seasoning. Serve pea soup hot with some drizzle of cream, a sprig of mint and some cheese croutons.