goli pulao recipe – tasty and easy to make rice recipe.
I love to experiment with foods: both veg and non-veg. I just came back from my native today morning and I was running out of vegetables. After searching a while for easy pulao recipe, I found this goli pulao recipe in awesome cuisine.
It was very easy to make with very few ingredients and was tasty too. no cutting, grinding required. Try making this veg goli pulao and share your feedback with us.
goli pulao recipe
- basmati rice – 2 cups
- besan or gram flour – 2 cups
- curd or yogurt – 1 cup
- garam masala powder – 1 tablespoon
- coriander powder -1 tablespoon
- red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
- fennel seeds or saunf – 2 teaspoons
- carom seeds or ajwain – 2 teaspoons
- mint leaves – few
- salt – to taste
- oil – for frying
- ghee – 2 tablespoons
how to make goli pulao recipe
to make besan balls or goli
1. Add besan or gram flour, curd, salt and carom seeds to a bowl. Mix well. Take small pinches of dough and roll them into balls.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Reduce the flame to medium. Add the prepared balls in batches and fry them on a medium flame till they turn golden brown. Remove them from oil using a slotted spoon and transfer them to an absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
to cook rice
3. Wash and soak basmati rice in enough water for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Add the soaked rice to a bowl with enough water, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of oil. Bring it to a boil. Cook till the rice gets cooked well.
to make goli pulao
5. Heat ghee in a pan. Add fennel seeds and saute for a second. Reduce the flame to low, add garam masala powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and saute for 4 to 5 seconds.
6. Add cooked rice, the prepared goli, salt, and mix gently. Take care that the golis do not break. Turn off the flame.
7. Garnish with mint leaves. goli pulao is ready.