ghevar cream tart recipe – ghevar is a popular Rajasthani sweet recipe made with all purpose flour and soaked in sugar syrup.
The method of making ghevar is slightly tricky but it is one of the tastiest Indian sweet dish. Here, the traditional ghevar is modified and made into ghevar cream tart.
ghevar cream tart recipe
- refined flour – 250 gm or 2 cups
- desi ghee 50 gm or 1/4 cup
- milk – 1/2 cup
- water – 4 cups ( 2 cups normal and 2 cups cold )
- saffron colour – 1 pinch
For sugar syrup
- sugar – 2 cups
- water – 1 cup
- cardamom pwd – 1/4 tsp
- saffron strands – 1 pinch
- lime juice – 1/2 tsp
- rabdi – 2 cups
- chopped almond and pistachios – 4 tbsp
how to make rajasthani ghevar recipe
1.Take a large bowl add ghee and ice cubes to it.
2. Whip it with your hand till the shiny, smooth, creamy texture. Remove the ice cubes and whip again.
3. Add flour and milk little by little and whip continuously. Add water gradually. Be careful that there are no lumps formed. Keep on adding water till you get a smooth, thin, lump-free, pouring consistency batter.
4. Take a round deep wok and fill more than half of it with ghee. Heat it on a high flame till the ghee gets really hot.
5. Take a big ladle of the batter and pour it in the middle of the vessel in a thin stream from minimum six inches in height.
6. As soon as the batter touches the hot ghee, bubbles should start to appear. If you see that the bubbles are getting high enough, stop pouring for a while and continue later.
7. When you pour in the batter , you will see that the batter starts scattering and collects near the sides in a circular fashion , after 2-3 pourings, a complete disc will be formed. If the batter sticks in the middle after pouring, use a thin rod to detach that or to make space in the center.
8. Once it is properly fried, take it out very carefully by inserting the thin rod in the middle and lifting the whole ghevar with it.
9. Place a bowl on a plate, put ghevar on top of the bowl so the excess oil will drip in the plate or bowl.
10. For sugar syrup: Add water and sugar in a pan, bring them to a boil with occasional stirring. After the boil, heat it on a low flame for 5-6 minutes till you get one string consistency.
11. Immerse the ghevar in the warm ( not so hot ) syrup for 2-3 minutes and take it out with the help of a rod. Place the ghevar on a wire rack.
12. Garnish the ghevar with rabdi and chopped dry fruits.
- refined flour – 1/2 cup
- butter – 30 gm
- baking powder – a pinch
- sugar – 1 tsp
- milk or water as required ( cold)
how to make tartlets
1.Rub the butter and flour with your finger tips.
2. Add water or milk and prepare the dough. Keep in the fridge for 15 mins.
3. Roll and set in tart molds, prick and blind bake for 10 mins in preheated oven at 180 °C.
ghevar cream tart
1. First take a dry ghevar and make it soft by adding lukewarm and thin rabdi .
2. Place this soft ghevar inside the tart.
3. Apply a coat of whipped cream over it.
4. And garnish with whipped cream and spun sugar design. I have prepared this tart little larger then ghevar