ghee cookies or ghee biscuits are commonly sold at the road side tea shops. If you happen to travel in the suburban trains in Chennai, you would have never missed these biscuits. But those ghee biscuits are made with maida or all-purpose flour.
But this recipe of ghee cookies is made with whole wheat flour and hence it is a healthy version of biscuits.
This is a simple cookies recipe with whole wheat flour. These whole wheat flour eggless ghee cookies can be made with ingredients that are readily available at home.
Let us see how to make ghee cookies recipe.
ghee cookies recipe with whole wheat flour
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
recipe type: baked snacks
- whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- ghee – 1/2 cup
- powdered sugar – 1/2 cup minus 2 tablespoons
- salt – a pinch
- vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
how to make ghee cookies recipe
1.Preheat oven at 180-degree centigrade or 360-degree Farenheit. Line a baking tray and keep aside.
2. Sieve together whole wheat flour, powdered sugar and salt. Keep aside.
3. Add melted ghee to a bowl. Add vanilla essence, salt, mix. To this add the sieved wheat flour mixture. Mix well to make a soft dough.
4. Scoop out a spoonful of dough and place them on the baking tray lined with parchment paper. No need to flatten the dough. Continue the same steps for the rest of the dough. Alternatively, you can also make small balls with your hands and place them on the parchment paper.
5. Bake this in an oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until the base of the cookies starts to brown. The baking time may vary depending on the microwave. So keep a check after 10 minutes. Remove them from oven and allow it to cool.
6. Once they are completely cool, and store in an air-tight container.
7. Serve ghee cookies with a cup of tea or with milk.