fruity cake pops recipe – cake pops with mixed fruits
cake pops are crumbled cake rolled into bite sized balls and dipped in melted chocolate and served in a lollipop style.
fruity cake pops is a simple dessert for kids with leftover pineapple pound cake and melted dark chocolate.
These cake pops can be made with leftover cake and it is not necessary that you have to fruity cake itself. You can make use of chocolate cake or any other for making delicious pops. And the coating can also be varied depending upon one’s taste preference.
Let us see how to make fruity cake pops recipe.
fruity cake pops recipe
pound cake with pineapple
- cake flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
- eggs – 3
- milk – 3 tablespoons
- baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- butter – 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup
- delmonte pineapple slices – 1/2 cup, chopped
To make cake pops
- delmonte pineapple slices – 1/4 cup, chopped
- delmonte peach halves – 1/4 cup, chopped
- delmonte prunes – 1/ cup, chopped
- pineapple cake – 1 and 1/2 cup, chopped
- milk chocolate or dark chocolate – 130 grams
how to make fruity cake pops recipe
how to make cake flour
1. Take 1 and 1/2 cups of maida or all purpose flour, remove 3 tablespoons of maida and add 3 tablespoons of corn flour to it. Mix well.
how to make pineapple pound cake
2. Preheat oven at 165-degree centigrade for 10 minutes. Butter and flour a standard bundt pan and set it aside.
3. Add butter and sugar into a bowl. Beat them well until light and fluffy.
4. In another bowl, mix together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat well until well combined.
5. Sieve the flour and baking powder, keep it aside.
6. Now fold in the egg mixture and the cake flour mix into the butter mixture in 2 parts. That is, add half of the egg mixture first and then add in the flour mixture. Then again add in the egg mix and then the flour mix. While adding the last part of the flour mix, add the chopped pineapple to the flour, mix and then fold in the complete mixture.
7. Pour this mixture into a greased tin and bake for 50 to 55 minutes in a preheated oven at 165-degree centigrade. Allow it to cool.
how to make fruity cake pops
8. Crumble the cake into a bowl. There should not be any big pieces of cake. Stir in the chopped pineapples, prunes, peaches with the cake crumble. Mix it well using the back of a metal spoon until well combined.
9. Take small pinches of the mixture and make 1 and 1/2″ balls. The fruits have enough moisture in them so as to wet the cake mix. Make balls out of the remaining cake mixture.
10. Chill them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
11. Meanwhile, let us make the coating for cake pops. Melt chocolate using a double boiler method or using a microwave.
12. Line a tray with butter paper. Dip the prepared cake balls into the melted chocolate and put them onto the tray using a fork and spoon.
13. Sprinkle some sprinkles on them and chill them in the refrigerator for 20 to 25 minutes and serve.