|black sesame seeds||1/4 cup|
|white sesame seeds||1/4 cup|
|dry red chillies||5|
|channa dal||1 tablespoon|
|hing / asafoetida powder/ kayam||a pinch|
1. Dry roast garlic in medium low flame. (For tips on roasting garlic, refer notes. ). Transfer it to a plate.
2. Next dry roast white sesame seeds and black sesame seeds separately and transfer it to a plate.
3. Then add 1/2 teaspoon of oil, roast dry red chilly and channa dal.
4. Finally, add all the roasted ingredients together, roast it once more adding hing.
5. Allow it to cool.
6. Transfer it to a mixer jar, add salt and grind it.
1. To roast galic: Separate garlic in cloves. Leave skin on. Place garlic cloves in dry skillet on medium high heat. Dry roast garlic cloves till dark brown spots appear.
2. Be careful while roasting sesame seeds. If it get burnt, the taste won’t be nice.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving