Today I am sharing with you a cake recipe made with dates. This is my 300th post and I thought of celebrating it with a sweet cake. I had a packet of lion dates with me. Though my little one was eating dates, the elder was not interested in dates. So it was left as such and I recently made this cake for her. Somehow to make her eat dates. Here I have soaked the dates and also boiled it along with milk to make it softer, but if you are using black dates there is no need to soak. Here I have boiled the dates and milk mixture to make the dates softer and also when I added cinnamon powder, it was not getting mixed up. Now to the recipe..
|Dates (de-seeded and chopped)||1 cup|
|maida / all purpose flour||2 cups|
|baking soda||2 teaspoon|
|cinnamon powder||1 teaspoon|
|nutmeg powder||two pinches|
1. Preheat oven at 170 degree celsius.
2. Mix together all purpose flour, baking soda. Sieve together, keep it aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder. Mix well.
4. Soak dates with little milk (I used 1/2 cup) and set it aside to make it soft. (If it is black dates, there is no need to soak. )
5. Add 1 1/2 cup of milk to sugar, mix and stir until sugar completely dissoves. Add vegetable oil.
7. Once the mixture is cooled, add maida mix to the milk little by little and mix well.
7. Add chopped nuts and give a quick stir.
8. Meanwhile, grease the pan with oil and maida and then add the batter.
9. Bake at 176 degree celsius for 35 – 40 minutes.
For other baked recipes:
1. aloo bun
2. choco beet cake
3. choco chip cookies
4. honey drizzled semolina cake
5. nan khatai
6. jewish challah (vegan)
7. tangy sweet corn pie
8. simple white bread
9. classic chocolate cake
10. peanut butter cookies
11. red velvet cupcakes
12. choco chip muffins
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving